Saturday, September 4, 2010

Five Questions

Each month we will publish this column so that members who may have never met can get to know each other. This month’s answers are provided by Kandi Wilhoit of Murfreesboro, TN and Wendy Boone of Knoxville, TN.


1) What is your favorite thing to do with your donkey(s)? Kandi: My favorite thing to do with my donkeys is to play and train them Wendy: Rub the end of his nose and let him nibble and nudge at me

2) Tell us one thing about you we don’t know. Kandi: I love to go to the beach and just sit and read. Wendy: I'm trying to put a house on 2 acres of our family farm. My donkey will be even closer to me then! Maybe I will eventually be able to get my other two donkeys back!

3) Do you have other animals? If so, tell us about them: Kandi: We have a wonderful dog named Aurora and two outrageous cats named Ashes and Aslan. Wendy: Besides lots of cows, we have two Pomeranian dogs, one black, Banjo, and one white, Sebastian. I had a wonderful Shepard/whippet mix, Shady, that had been with me for over 12 years that I had to put to sleep last September. Two weeks later my Dad had a stroke and was in the hospital for over 2 months. We adopted Banjo (named in honor of my Dad who played in a bluegrass gospel group) soon after that so that Bastian would have company and that I could have as a companion. He has truly been a blessing to all of us, because he's so loving and playful.

4) You are granted a day of perfect weather whenever you like. What day do you place it on and why? Kandi: If I could have a perfect day of weather I would have it fall on a Sunday. That is my favorite day of the week. I enjoy going to church and then hanging out with my donkeys in the afternoon. Wendy: October 31. I love fall and I love Halloween! The smell of a crisp fall day is a perfect day!

5) Have you learned a new (household or farm) short-cut/trick/hint lately? If so, what? Kandi: A quick shortcut I learned is using condensed milk to make a lemon meringue pie. Wendy: I learned to "fetch" the mail for my Mom every afternoon, and I occasionally roll over for a good belly rub! …..but, seriously, I can't really think of anything.