Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OCTOBER 2010

A few thoughts………….

It just seems I can’t be pleased with the weather this year. First it was too wet and cold, then too hot and now its DRY. I know, whaaaa! LOL! I do love fall and am thankful that it is here. Time to be outside and do fun things with the donkeys before it turns wet and really cold again. It’s also a good time to get some maintenance things done also. For example, make sure to check your water trough heaters BEFORE you need them!

---------------------

Just a quick reminder that this coming Saturday, October 9th is our Trail Ride/Drive (all sized donkeys, horses or bikes!) in Elkmont, AL http://www.traillink.com/trail/richard-martin-trail.aspx  and, next Saturday, October 16th ,is a FUN DAY at Sandy Carroll’s farm in Shelbyville, TN. Information has been emailed and is on our calendar.

---------------------

A couple of years ago I started a Facebook page for the Tennessee Donkey Association to help promote the club in Facebook -land . I have had several remarks from members that it is confusing (and I agree) to have the TDA’s facebook page set up as it currently is – under my personal facebook account. I am in the process of setting up a stand-alone Facebook account that can be linked to the TDA’s website etc. And will only have TDA info showing up on it.

As I make changes to convert everything over to the new page, current “Friends” will be notified. Once it is completed I will update all the club membership and invite them to join. This helps promote the page on Facebook and will help it get seen by more people that enjoy donkeys.

---------------------

Please join me in welcoming new members to TDA!

Kenny & Sherry Puckett of Cookeville, TN (muleman101@yahoo.com  and sassy.p@live.com )

Marybeth McGrath of Mt. Juliet, TN (marybethmcg@comcast.net )

Hope to see you all soon at a future function!

------------------

ALL EARS needs articles! If you have an article you have written that would be of interest to club members OR have seen an article in a publication - please email it to me!

-----------------

In this month’s edition of ALL EARS:

OFFICER ELECTIONS & FALL MEETING

REPORTERS CORNER

TN STATE FAIR RESULTS

2010 SHOW AWARDS