Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lightfoot’s ASSpect



TDA Novice Show

Joe Haworth is my mortal enemy!  I loathe the sight of him smugly crossing his yard.  And, it all began Saturday, June 11th on what should have been my best day ever.  Why, you ask??  Well, let me tell you.  Apparently, he took my last column as a personal affront and challenge.  Or maybe he just likes trying to make us donkeys look bad.  When I said I could do an “easy trail course with my hooves tied behind my back and blindfolded," I guess it did sound a little like I was bragging, but…. I didn’t know he was gonna put large flying bats in a mailbox or clanging cannons in what I thought at first was a feed bag only to have it start making loud popping sounds as my mom threw it over my back.  I showed her right fast where those bags of cans belonged.  But, then she picked them right back up and put them on me again.  I was forced to walk about 15 feet with them clanging on my legs.  I have never been so scared in all my 23 months.  I’m scarred for life.

The rest of the day wasn’t so bad though.  I got to hang out with my buddies, munch on some delicious Bermuda and meet a couple of new chicks. Here I am with my favorite one. None of us minded all the affection, attention or picture taking either. But, the kids seemed to have the most fun of all.  This shindig only needed a band to help soothe my nerves after Joe’s fiasco and it would have been close (Yes, CLOSE – remember the trail class) to perfect.

Next year, if Joe is in charge of ANYTHING, I want to know beforehand.  Then maybe TDA should consider renaming the Novice Show something like Joe’s Rodeo Fun Day.

'Til Next Time,
Lightfoot Lee