Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lightfoot’s ASSpect

            Hot and Hotter

This summer has been a scorcher. And, apparently, that is not enough torture to satisfy my Mom. She thinks it’s cute to haul my ass erhh…butt to every club function known within a 50 mile radius. What is up with getting up at the crack of dawn, getting a cold bath, rushing to get loaded up just to be tied to the trailer for hours on end? Does she not understand how hot it is? If only these new places she takes me to were air conditioned. But, no….one show did not even have cover. Can you believe that? And, then there are all these new things going on around. It takes me a while to figure out that the new sounds aren’t coming any closer and then some dingbat jumps out around the corner at me. Will I ever get used to that?  I’m thinking not.

Why can’t my Mom just be satisfied to let me lounge around and be a teenager?  I can think of a ton of things I’d rather do; continue practicing my knot untying skills for my Donkey Scout badge, maybe see if I can unlatch the gate and check out the property, or better yet, maybe I could learn to open the door to the feed room.  Yeah, that’s what I’ll work on next.  

‘Til Next Time,

Lightfoot